Your Next Adventure Starts at Encamp ⛺️
Who we are ...
Encamp is building the premier platform to unify and manage every step of Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) compliance to revolutionize the way companies understand, manage, and comply with environmental regulations. We are passionate about the environment and driven to simplify the process of compliance for EHS professionals nationwide. We are an expanding team of remote happy Encampers, with roots in Indianapolis, but quickly expanding throughout the US.
As a part of the Encamp team, you’ll get to tackle challenges of scale and complexity as we develop our product at a fast pace and look to create the future of EHS technology. Click here to learn s’more about our story (yes, we are enthused about camping and the great outdoors).
Encamp values diversity and providing our team members opportunities for growth. We’re dedicated to creating an environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, and ideas to produce their best work.
Who we’re looking for …
We’re expanding our sales team and are looking for driven sales development representatives to help us accelerate our growth. You'll be responsible for driving our customer acquisition efforts by generating new leads for our sales team. This role is the foundation of our sales organization and you will have a direct impact on our company revenue targets.
By collaborating with the entire Sales & Marketing team. Your day to day will involve research, targeted outreach, and collaboration with our Sales Executives to set up sales meetings.
What will you be doing?
- Generate new business opportunities by prospecting and qualifying leads through cold email and phone outreach.
- Responsible for qualifying/disqualifying all inbound sales requests.
- Manage your pipeline through a whole suite of CRM and prospecting tools.
- We love optimizing things, so you'll constantly be making yourself more efficient.
What would make you a strong candidate?
- Experience with cold calling or cold emailing.
- 1-2 years of sales experience.
- Experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: We’re looking for SDRs that can operate in a lean structure and provide ongoing feedback to improve our process.
- Multi-tasker: You’ll have to balance several priorities throughout the day.
What would be a nice to have?
- You're a people person who is able to build rapport instantly.
- You've studied or have some familiarity with environmental services.
- You're an excellent communicator and understand how to share observations and ideas.
- You're empathetic and can clearly sympathize with pain points from multiple perspectives.
- You think big. You can pitch a vision and keep folks engaged.
- You've got an appetite for knowledge and are constantly learning from people.
- You're environmentally curious. You keep up to date with the latest trends in the space and they drive you to learn more.
What it’s like to work at Encamp ...
As a startup, we’re constantly evolving, but our culture is based on a few principles.
- Autonomy. We give our employees problems to solve rather than solutions to implement. Our engineers are part of the team that ultimately determines a feature’s full spec, which might change and evolve as they iterate.
- Failure is an option - but it’s best if we fail fast and learn from it. Breaking down problems into smaller pieces allows us to identify issues more quickly, and not go too far down dead-end paths before realizing it. If something isn’t going to work, it’s always better to know than not know, so we’re comfortable sharing setbacks.
- Everyone on the team has a voice. We’re hiring a whole person, not just a robot. If you have an opinion about how any part of the business can improve, we want to hear it. Leaders shouldn’t unilaterally proclaim decisions, they should work collaboratively with their teams to come to the best solution.
- We’re Transparent. At Encamp, we win as a team. Our product team works closely with the other key areas of our business to build a product our customers love. We share our successes and learnings with each other as we continue to grow and learn together.
Perks of being a happy Encamper:
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment at the intersection of Environmental Compliance and SaaS (Software as a Solution).
- Health insurance -- dental and medical.
- Competitive salary and benefits including open PTO and a work-from-anywhere remote culture.
- Parental leave. Because we think it's important to spend time with your new family.
- A significant personal impact on the team and its ways of working because of our strong culture of ownership.
Ready to join us around the Encamp-fire? Learn more about our culture and benefits on our Careers Page.
Encamp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.